The Consumer Electronics Marketers of Canada (CEMC), a division of Electro-Federation Canada, is a not-for-profit industry council representing leading manufacturers of consumer electronics. CEMC members market a wide range of products, including televisions, HiFi and DVD players, home theatre systems, mobile electronics, camcorders, stand-alone projectors, telephones and radios.
CEMC serves as the industry voice on all legislative, regulatory and public policy matters affecting its members. The Council’s mandate is to promote and advance members’ needs and interests through:
- Representation and advocacy on industry-related issues with all levels of government;
- Regular meetings with product groups to discuss market trends and issues;
- Industry representation on codes and standards;
- Timely access to market research data;
- Regular updates on current and emerging issues, industry news and association activities; and
- Access to annual networking opportunities and training and education programs.
EFC provides a powerful nucleus around which the Canadian consumer electronics market may address regulatory issues, harmonize standards and gather statistical information on sales and compensation data, and remain current on all market and association news.