The Canadian Electrical Manufacturers Representatives Association (CEMRA), a trade association of independent sales representatives in the electrical industry, is organized to promote the continued growth and perpetuation of its members through the strengthening of their sales, marketing and management skills, and to advocate to electrical industry customers and suppliers the advantages of doing business through independent sales representatives.
To further these objectives and to bring them within practical reach of its members, the association develops and maintains programs and activities designed to help them conduct their businesses in an ethical, efficient and productive manner. To implement these worthy goals, members of CEMRA voluntarily subscribe to a code of ethics which urges them to refrain from:
- Willfully inducing a principal to break its contractual relationship with another representative;
- Willfully inducing an employee of another representative to breach his employment relationship with his employer;
- Suggesting or agreeing to divide commissions with customers or those representing other than the representative’s own principals;
- Slandering or libeling another representative, or impugning his intentions, motives, or actions;
- Betraying the confidence of other representatives or customers or principals.