The Electrical Council, a division of Electro-Federation Canada, is a not-for-profit council that provides one voice for the electrical market in Canada by representing leading Canadian electrical manufacturers, distributors and manufacturer representatives. Electrical Council members manufacture, distribute and sell a wide range of electrical products, including distribution equipment, industrial controls, lighting, motors and generators, transformers, wire and cable, wiring supplies and electric heating.
The Electrical Council promotes and advances members needs and interests by maintaining a strong focus on electrical safety, government relations, codes and standards, product sections, national and regional networking, education, industry statistics, market research, and sustainability.
This Council was formed in June 2011 by joining together two earlier councils, the Supply & Distribution (S&D) Council and the Electrical Equipment Manufacturers Association of Canada (EEMAC), into one group. Learn more about the merger of the two councils.
The core services illustrated above offer a multitude of membership benefits to promote and advance members needs and interests, including:
- Representation and advocacy on market-related issues (i.e. Extended Producer Responsibility, energy efficiency regulations, health and safety regulations) with all levels of government;
- Regular meetings with manufacturing section groups to discuss market trends, opportunities and issues;
- Market representation on codes and standards;
- Timely access to confidential market research data;
- Access to national and regional networking events, including the premier annual conference;
- Professional development opportunities through online and/or in-class training and education programs; and
- Regular updates on current and emerging issues, market news and association activities.