Q4 2018 Business Confidence Survey – Results are in!
EFC conducts a quarterly Business Confidence Survey, inviting all key association contacts to participate. Respondents are asked to compare their current quarter and next quarter sales, against the same period last year. A record 103 key member contacts provided their feedback for this latest poll.
- 67% of respondents felt their Q4 2018 business was better/much better compared to Q4 2017, with 14% reporting worse sales, and 19% reporting no change
- Looking ahead, only 56% of respondents expect Q1 2019 sales to be better/much better compared to Q4 2018
- Expectations looking ahead ONE year, continues to be on the decline. 68% of all respondents believe sales will improve. However, when asked this same question in Q3 2018, this number was much more optimistic, at 84%.
- Expect some relief from trade tensions offset by some weakness in market.
- Tariffs continue to affect the bottom line
- Economy is still a huge concern in the west
- Concerned about the headwinds regarding the Canadian economy and overall uncertainty regarding trade
To view the overall results of the survey, please click here:
Thank you to everyone who responded and we look forward to your continued support and participation.
If you have further questions or comments on the Business Confidence Survey, or have any input on how to improve /expand on the questions, please contact Anne Harrigan, Vice President, Marketing Resource at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-716-1897