EFC’s Young Professionals Network (YPN) brings together emerging talent in the Canadian electrical industry who have the tenacity, creativity and drive to move this market forward. The YPN program is designed to unite young professionals across Canada who are currently employed at an EFC member organization and who are 40 years of age and younger. Joining YPN helps members build and strengthen professional relationships, gain industry knowledge, develop leadership skills, and give back to the electrical community.
What are the Benefits of Joining?
Training sessions and networking events with industry leaders. Develop your professional brand by staying involved in the industry and being well connected.
YPN is based on a three-pillar approach: Gather, Give, Grow:
- Gather – Throughout the year, social events are organized across the country, allowing YPN members to gather together and meet other individuals in the industry who share the same vision for professional networking. Examples of ‘Gather’ events in the past include: sporting events, axe throwing, escape rooms, cocktail receptions and others. Check out the photo gallery for highlights from past events.
- Give – A strong belief among YPN members, is the notion of giving back to the community in which we live and work. Funds are raised for regional events and given to a charity of choice. The YPN regions have been active raising donations for special fundraising events such as MotionBall, Easter Seals, Mud Hero. On a national level, Habitat for Humanity is the chosen charity for 2018-19. To date, over $5,000 has been raised for Habitat for Humanity.
- Grow – YPN offers members several opportunities for professional growth, including:
- training sessions on topics such as personal branding, social media, leadership, taxes and finances, and how to maintain a work/life balance.
- YPN regional committee participation – join the local YPN group in your area and help shape this important program. Contact Roxanne Lafond to learn more.
- Members are also encouraged to participate in other EFC committees and networks, such as Marketing, Research, Human Resources, etc.) where you can gain insight on industry trends and share your ideas and experiences.
Who Can Join?
Anyone who is 40 years of age and under, and who belongs to an EFC member company, is eligible to join YPN. You can be in any field of expertise: marketing, sales, finance, technical support, customer service…and any other area.
Thank you to the following regional and national sponsors for their generous support: